Friday, August 5, 2011

Florida

My boss is going to Key West and famous photographer that I am, he asked me if I had been there, so I looked for some of my fabulous photography to show him.
I did not find many interesting pictures of Key West. We were only there a few hours and had been clicking away all day on the highway and it seems we were mostly just fooling around taking pictures of each other. This one reminds me of the vivid colors you will see there and all over the Keys.

If you drive up the Overseas Highway, you will be very close to Everglades National Park. It is worth a visit if you have time. I wish we had known about Dry Tortugas National Park. I would love to go back just to go there.

The thing that makes Florida so unique  to me are the amazing varieties and abundance of plants and birds. Right before we got this picture, that heron was standing on that turtle.

Near Everglade National Park is Key Biscayne National Park. It is also worth a visit. I love that you can see Miami from there.

We stayed at Key Largo.

Sunsets are spectacular. This is Lido Beach.

We liked Hamosassa Springs Wildlife State Park. It is primarily a wildlife rescue park and they have a lot of education demonstrations. We had never seen Manatee.

We loved the Keys, but the most exciting thing was the drive. There is not a way to get a photo of it that really shows what it is like except an aerial view. There are some of those on the Internet

I enjoyed the Glass Bottom boat at John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park in Key Largo. My companion could not recommend it, however, if you have a problem with sea sickness.You can also scuba dive on the reef.

This is my favorite: Bahia Honda Key. It is also a state park between Key West and Key Largo. This is an old railroad that  that was destroyed by a hurricane.

No comments: