- OCD: preoccupation with orderliness and perfectionism. I do not like to make less than 100% on a test when I do my continuing education units. If I study a unit that has obscure questions that are not clearly answered in the material, I won't take the test. Why do nurse educators love to ask questions where all the answers are correct, but you have to choose the BEST one?
- Passive Aggressive Disorder: passive sometimes obstructionist resistance to following through with expectations in interpersonal or occupational situations.When someone wants me to do something I don't want to do, I don't want to tell them. I tend to just postpone and avoid it.
- Avoidant personality disorder: pervasive pattern of social inhibition and avoidance of social interaction. I don't like big parties or large groups where I have to talk to people. I don't like the time at church when we stop in the middle of singing and the pastor tells us to go greet people.
- Schiziod Personality Disorder: tendency towards solitary lifestyle. I need time alone and I love being at home by myself.
- Avoidant Personality: fear of anything new or starting relationships. Everytime I get one of those cards in the mail summoning me for jury duty, I try to think of ways to get out of it. I have never been on a jury.
- Dependent Personality Disorder: pervasive dependence on other people. I really like being married. He can do things that I can't do and I don't want to learn how to do them. He knows things that I don't know and I don't want to look them up.
On the other hand, the person I am married to is a counselor and works with people with all these "Disorders" and he never worries that he has them. He thinks he has strange diseases! Maybe we both have Relational disorder: two or more individuals with a disordered "juncture". I'm not sure what that is but maybe we have it.