Friday, May 21, 2010

Quote of the Day

I think marriage and children were designed by God to be redemptive in our lives to cause us to trust him. Dennis Rainey

Most of you who know I love to listen to programs on Christian radio. Family Life Today is one of my favorite and I was really blessed the last two days by a message by Crawford Loritts.
The subject is prayer and the text is Hebrews 4:15. Jesus understands every weakness of ours, because he was tempted in every way that we are. But he did not sin. So whenever we are in need, we should come bravely before the throne of our mericful God. There we will be be treated with undeserved kindness, and we will find help.
I often wonder why I continue with some of the same old wrong thoughts and behavior that has been hanging around since I was a child. This is a sweet reminder that Jesus is not surprised that I have not learned better and does not become impatient or tired of my weaknesses. He is just waiting with kindness and forgiveness for me to come to him for grace, mercy and healing.

No comments: