Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Mall

One of the scariest things I did in Los Angeles was drive to the mall by myself. It was only 4.5 miles (and I had a GPS) and I had no problems. Well, I did circle the parking garage a couple of times before I found the way out, and someone honked at me. (Everyone honks in California) I also turned on the wrong street once, but it was a nice detour in a residential neighborhood and a I had no problem getting back to the street I was supposed to be on. I was also worried that I was going to have to park in a garage at the mall, but it was a normal parking lot, just like ours! There are lots of hills in Los Angeles and sometimes you have to stop at a red light on a steep incline. It was a very pretty mall with 3 levels, but not all that big. One of the larger stores, Mervyns had closed two weeks before.
I bought Middle Eastern food from the food court to take back to the hotel for lunch. The guy I bought it from, Isaac, was from Israel. I said "Shalom, God bless you!" and he said, "You like Israel? You Christian?" with a big smile.

It was a very enjoyable trip for me and Basil enjoyed the rest and was pleased I didn't have a fit because he was too tired to drive to San Diego.

1 comment:

Camezi said...

Did you tell him the names of your grandchildren?