Saturday, January 19, 2008

God, the artist

I organized some of my pictures yesterday and was inspired to show you some more of them. In 2005, we drove to the pacific northwest. It was a long way...I think over 5000 miles! But so worth it.

Mt. Hood Oregon from Lost Lake
I love travel, I think, because God made this beautiful world we live in and I think it brings him pleasure when we enjoy his work.

You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power.For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.Revelation 4:11

I think I enjoy photography for the same reason..I hope it pleases God when I appreciate his work enough to take the time to record it. And then, there's scrap booking...for me, it's meditation, gratefulness,thanksgiving, healing and when the photos involve people, prayer for them.




The Columbia River near Portland, Oregon
One of the many waterfalls on the Columbia River, a bluebell and Mt. Hood from a lavender farm. Isn't it wonderful that God loves little things as well as very big things? Makes me think maybe He loves me just as much as He loves big, important people.
The Pacific Ocean at Crescent City, California. This little town was almost destroyed in a Tsunami in 1964.
Ruby Beach in Washington.. one part of the Olympic National Park. The Redwoods in Northern California.










On the way home, we stopped at Arches National Park and Lake Tahoe. Who knew Mark Twain was alive and well there?
Thanks for sharing my thanksgiving time this morning!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful!

Camezi said...

God's the BEST artist EVER!

Finding Joy in Him said...

Mom, this was nice. Did I hear that you can have your blog printed as a scrapbook. This would make a nice one.