Thursday, April 17, 2008

Our Cruise to the Bahamas

I have been slow about getting photos "fixed and printed" from our multi-purpose trip. But, I have have excuses.


As soon as we got home, I started working on a book for Ken and Bonnie on Shutterfly with the photos I took at the ordination. I spent way too much time obsessing about every little detail, because the last one I did in a big hurry because of a half price deadline and it was not a success. I was pleased with the final results and Bonnie,who did the journaling for me, seemed very happy with it, too. If you want to see it, email me and I can "share" it from the Shutterfly website. Here are Bonnie and Ken, looking very spiffy on formal night on the ship.




Our cabin was tiny but comfortable. We had little towel animals on our bed every night. The waiters and the room attendants are the only ship employees who receive tips and they work very hard to make a good impression. They are from all over the world and they work for months with no time off, then have their "vacation" and go home to visit their families. Many of them are married with children. I find it hard to imagine a life like that.


Basil chose the late dinner sitting so he could
make sunset as well as sunrise every day.





The port of Nassau as we arrived at sunrise. It is the
very colorful capital city of the Bahamas. They have
been independent from the UK since 1972.








This house would cost you
$1,000,000 or more.




The courthouse


There are some very interesting signs
on the buildings.














Over 60% of the population is Baptist. Many of our drivers had christian radio stations on in their taxi.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I was thinking this morning about the name, Basil. Such a cool name! Especially when you say it with an English accent, "Basil". I wondered what people thought when you told them you were dating man named Basil. Was that odd? Then I started thinking, hey, Wendy is English, too, right? You're husband's Basil and daughter, Wendy. Hmmm. I'll keep that rubber thing in mind. Thanks.

Camezi said...

What is Wendy smoking?

I heard that HIV is 10 times smaller than the pores in a condom. I don't trust condoms. If I can get pregnant twice using them, and I KNOW that a sperm is bigger than a virus. One can only get pregnant 2-3 days of the month. One can get a STD any day of the month. No way I'm trusting a condom to protect me from a STD! (Not that I have to worry about that, of course.)

kablot spot said...

Sounds like a neat vacation/anniversary trip. I would LOVE to go on a cruise!